Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chicken Caesar Salad

I tried this recipe for dinner and it was YUMMY!!!  I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com, and I tweaked it a little bit.  I thought I would share.

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into wide strips or chunks
1 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1-2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1.  Cut chicken into pieces (strips or chunks) and put into a nonstick skillet.  Sprinkle seasonings over it and pour oil on it.  Stir until coated and cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.  Remove from heat and set aside.  Do not drain oil.
2.  Mix vinegar, mustard, and Worcestershire in a small bowl.  Stir into chicken.
3.  Put lettuce into large bowl.  Add chicken and Parmesan cheese and toss lightly.
4.  Add anything else you want, like croutons, cherry tomatoes, olives, more cheese.  Enjoy!

This recipe was submitted by McCormick & Company and of course they suggest using their seasonings.  I just used what I had on hand.  I tried to find the exact link, and it must have been removed, because I couldn't find it.  Sorry McCormick & Company.

No comments: