Thursday, March 19, 2009

All about me...

My name is Sarah. I am barely into my 30's and I have 4 kids. I have been married 8 years. We live in the suburbs in the northern Midwest. We just bought our first house a couple of years ago and we love it. My husband is in a volatile industry and may very well loose his job this year. We certainly hope not, but it is a possibility. I am a stay at home mom.  I love my children and I love being home with them. I do not regret my decision to stay home with them. However, there are times when I wonder why it was such a good idea. :) I love to sew and read and do crafts. I also love to bake any and everything. I don't really love to scrub toilets or to iron.

Like I said, I have 4 children. We had them in 4.5 years (no multiples) and life gets down right crazy sometimes! Good thing we like crazy around here. With that, I'd like to introduce you to my children.
E is almost 6 years old. She is in Kindergarten and loves it.  She is really looking forward to 1st grade when she will be able to eat lunch at school.   She is about to loose her 4th tooth and can't stop messing with it.  She has lost more teeth than anyone else in her class and she is very proud of that fact. She LOVES to sing and do crafts. She really wants to learn to play the piano. I guess we will have to learn together. She is a really great big sister. She loves to help her brothers and sister. I think she also feels a lot of pressure to help me. My last pregnancy was really tough and she was only 4 when our 4th child was born. She had to grow up a little too quickly. I'm trying to help her relax and enjoy her childhood more.
J is 4.5 years old. He will start a developmental Kindergarten this fall. It is for kids who aren't quite ready for regular Kindergarten yet, but who need something. He has some speech delays, so he will be getting some speech therapy at school. He is so excited to finally be a big kid! He makes friends easily, so I know he will do well, but I am a little worried about whether his speech will be a problem. He has also had TONS of health issues since he was born. They are finally slowing down and I hope he stays healthy this school year. J has a quick smile and sometimes a quick temper. He loves doing "boy stuff" and wants to be just like his dad.
B will be 3 years old this summer. She is one of a kind for sure! She is spunky and adorable and mischievous. My mother-in-law (who I LOVE) jokes about whether there are horns hiding under B's pigtails. :) She is a total girly-girl. She always wants to wear a dress or skirt. Half the time she is wearing princess dress up clothes or her ballet clothes. She always wants her hair to be fixed and have some sort of bow or flower in it. B dances through life with giggles and twirls. She also loves to get into stuff and is the queen of making messes. She is VERY protective of her little brother, and she is taking great care in teaching him all of her mischievous ways.
C is the baby. He is 15 months old. He is a happy and lighthearted little boy. He has this smile where his eyes get all squinty and he shrugs his shoulders up and it totally melts my heart. He drags his blankie with him wherever he goes. He LOVES his siblings and wants to do everything they are doing. He pats everyone on the back...literally...when he wants to tell us he loves us and he blows raspberries when he wants to tell us he is mad at us. I can't wait to see what kind of boy he becomes. I just hope he doesn't become as proficient as B at making messes.

1 comment:

Shellie said...

What an awesome family!