Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Transform Tuesday -- Goodwill Recycling!

Reminder:  If you want to know why I'm shaving my head click here.

Daisy and J-Man go to a public Montessori school where they have to wear uniforms.  Which is really great for the morning routine... no arguements because they already know what they need to wear.  I have also been able to get most of their clothes from Goodwill, so I haven't had to spend a ton of money to get them.

When we signed them up, they told us that kindergarten and 2nd grade wouldn't have to wear gym uniforms.  Last Friday they sent a note home to the parents saying that they needed gym uniforms afterall.  I went back to Goodwill sure I'd be able to find what I needed.  Guess what I found?!  NOTHING!  Not a single thing!  So I went to Wal-Mart and got some cheap t-shirts that were the right color/style, but they didn't have any pants.  I also looked at Kohl's, Target, and Meijer.  NOTHING!

Oh shoot!  Now what?  In desperation I headed back to Goodwill.  I looked in the women's section and found 2 pairs of athletic pants that were the right colors (Hunter Green and Maroon) for less than $5 each.  Then I headed home and set to work with a pair of scissors and my serger.  About an hour later I had a new pair of gym pants.  :)

I really love it when what I see in my head and what I actually end up with are the same thing!

Before:

After:


I'm linking to these sites.  Go check them out!

What have you transformed?  Link it up!

Here are the rules:

1.  Use the link to your actual blog post, not your general blog address.
2.  Grab a button and post it on your blog somewhere.







3.  Check out what everyone has done and leave them some comment love!


7 comments:

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Looks great! Very creative.
Bonnie :)

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

You did a great job! I can't even sew on a button lol

AliLilly said...

Thank you for hosting!! What your doing with St. Baldricks is amazing!!

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Thanks for hosting this party.

Sarah said...

Hey Sarah, it's Sarah :) What an awesome transformation!! I linked up the sweater scarf!

Anonymous said...

hello!This was a really magnificentsuper theme!
I come from roma, I was fortunate to approach your topic in digg
Also I learn much in your website really thank your very much i will come daily

Atif said...

looking too much pretty and you have done a fantastic work.
Plastic Card