- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups cold water
- 2 cups salt
- Mix 2/3 cup water with salt and bring to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with 2/3 cup cold water and stir well.
- Turn off heat, but leave pan on burner.
- Stir in cornstarch and water mixture. Just keep stirring until thick dough forms.
Once dry you can smooth them with some fine grit sand paper. If you want to make beads, put holes in them while wet. Allow for some shrinkage as it drys. Items can be painted once they are totally dry. You can also seal them with a clear sealer if you want to.
What have you done for Messy Monday? Link it up!
Here are the rules:
1. Link up using your actual blog post, and not your general blog address.
3. Check out what everyone else is up to and leave them some comment love!!
I'm linking to these sites. Go check them out!
• Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
• Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
• We Did it Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
• Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
• Strut your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
• Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of my Favorite Things
• Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
• Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where my Story Begins