Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Transform Tuesday -- Front yard flower beds

I've mentioned before that when we bought this house 3 years ago it needed A LOT of work.  Well, the outside wasn't any different.  These flower beds still need some work and some rearranging, but they are WAY better than they were.  We'll call them a transitional transformation.

Before:  Huge bush with dying trees and sickly hostas.  By the way, when I started cleaning the beds out to get ready to plant I pulled 2.5 garbage cans of rocks out of the dirt.  These were not bathroom garbage cans, they wer outside cans.  Big ones.  I hate rocks.

After:  Green and luscious.  I revived those hostas too.  Moving them to the other side and spreading them out made a huge difference for them and for the flower beds.  Anyone have any suggestions?

What have you done for Transform Tuesday?  Link it up!

Here are the rules:
1.  Link to your actual post, not to your general blog address.
2.  Grab my Transform Tuesday button and post it somewhere on your blog.




 

3.  Go see what everyone else has done and leave them some comment love!

I also linked to these sites.  Go check them out.
• Anti-Procrastination Tuesday@ New Nostalgia
• Take a look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition
• Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
• We Did it Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
• Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
• Strut your stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
• Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of my Favorite Things
• Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
• Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where my Story Begins

8 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I thought I was following but wasn't!!! Now you have a new old follower!! Thanks for hosting!!

L Simonson said...

Thanks so much for hosting! :)

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

Hello There! Thank you for hosting!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

Thanks so much for hosting every week girl!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!!
Meet Virginia!!!

Diane said...

Lovvve how your flower beds turned out.

Becca Ross said...

I have a transformation, but it won't be on my blog until Friday. I'll stop back on Friday and see if the link is open.

I'm visiting from Somewhat Simple. I'd love it if you'd stop by and link up to my Home and Family Friday Linky Party. I host each Friday. Hope you'll come join us!

Becca
becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Gretchen Seefried said...

Love this front bed!! What great work you did! I have nothing that I transformed but I am goinf to hit all those who linked up to your party! Looks like fun! We have a garden Flock on my website , Midchix! Would love for you to link this project up there! Have a great day!
http://www.midchix.com/
Gretchen

Melody said...

Love the transformed entrance garden - what a difference. Great job.