Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday -- Siblings

I just got home from visiting my brother and it was such a great trip.  He is making steady progress and I'm so grateful to God and the Dr.s and my amazing sister-in-law and nephew for that.  I'm also amazed at what a strong person my brother is.  I don't know if I could handle what he (and his wife and son) has gone through and is going through.  Sometimes we have no choice but to do the hard things and they are doing it...every day.  I'm impressed and inspired and humbled to have the blessing and priviledge of calling them family.


To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~ Clara Ortega

3 comments:

Maryle said...

Glad to hear he's making progress. I'm also glad you enjoyed your trip.

Tiana said...

Love you. Love the picture of you and Christopher. Miss you.

C.C. Kirby said...

Very Touching, made me choke up a bit... We love you very much and look forward to seeing you again soon.