Thursday, May 20, 2010

Keep all things in perspective...

Have you ever had a really big fight with your spouse, roommate, sibling, or parent?  I'm sure we all have.  In those times it is hard to keep our cool.  Sometimes what we need most is to take a step back and look at the situation with a little less anger and a little more compassion.  I have always *tried* to ask myself, "will this matter next week, or next month, or next year?"  If the answer is no, then why does it matter so much right now?  I also try and look at things from the other person's perspective.  Sometimes doing so will help you see things you hadn't seen before or understand better why a person does or says a certain thing.  Trying to keep things in perspective is certainly not easy, but it is necessary in order to maintain happy and healthy relationships with those around us.

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." --Thomas S. Monson

I came across this quote a couple of years ago and it meant so much to me. I've sort of made it my mantra. Anytime I am struggling with anyone...kids, teachers, neighbors, family members...I remember this and it makes facing the struggle a little bit easier.
 
Don't forget to enter my Birthday Giveaway!!  It closes on Sunday night.

3 comments:

Tiana said...

Such an awesome quote for such an amazing woman! Thanks for sharing this thought...you inspire me everyday! Love you and miss you!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that quote and your thoughts.

Decor To Adore said...

What a fantastic quote!

I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a darling French tote.