Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Transform Tuesday -- Family Room Vignette

I've mentioned before that we moved into our home from a townhouse and that all of our belongings filled less than 1/2 the house.  We have slowly but surely been gathering furniture and other things to make our house a home.  This buffet/cabinet was given to us by our new neighbor when we moved in.  I LOVE it.  Other than cleaning it out with warm soapy water, I havne't done any sort of decorating, painting, distressing, or anything else.  Isn't it beautiful?!

Anyway, it has been sitting in our family room naked for about 2 years.  I finally figured out what i wanted to do with it and started putting the pieces together.  I finished it last week and I really love it.  I will probably change it around and mix things up periodically, bur for now I am quite happy.  What do you think of my transformation?

The pictures aren't that good becuase I forgot to take them during the day so I had to use a flash and because my good camera got a little too much love from by 2 year old so I am using my cruddy one.  What can you do?

If you are wondering what the buckets are for, read this post.

What have you transformed?  Link it up!

Here are the rules.

1.  Link up your actual blog post link, and not the general link to your blog.
2.  Grab the html code for the Transform Tuesday button and add it to your post.


 

3.  Visit all of the other fabulous posts and leave them some comment love!

I'm linking up to these sites.  Go check them out!
DIY Day @ ASPTLTalk About it TuesdayTransformation ThursdayFavorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg
toolsareforwomentoo

5 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Thanks for hosting Sarah!
I love your Family Room transformation! That buffet is gorgeous. Love the the little bucket/ticket system too.

-heather

Robyn said...

Very pretty!

Natasha in Oz said...

Your idea is just perfect. What nice neighbours you have!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Rory from Tools Are For Women Too! said...

Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

Jess said...

This is super cute! You did such a great job. Thanks for posting this on Favorite Things Friday!