Monday, May 10, 2010

Messy Monday -- Flowers!!!

Do you remember these?

We planted them in preschool for our mothers.  They were growing so nicely and we were very proud of them.  Well, one of my little gardeners decided it was a good idea to pick the tops off of them and they died...before we could give them to our mothers.  So, on to plan B which I actually like much better than plan A.
I used the same flower pots and some paper napkins that I got from the clearance isle at the store.  I loosely followed this tutorial, but made them much smaller.  Once I had the flowers twisted and fluffed I used a wooden skewer and pushed it up into one of the folds by the twisty tie.  Then I wrapped the twisty tie and skewer together with floral tape.  Once they were all done, I put some M&M's in the bottom of the pots and stuck the flowers in.  Aren't they pretty?  I just love them.  Don't be surprised if you see paper flowers popping up all over my house!!
So, what have you done for Messy Monday?  Link it up!!

Here are the rules.
1.  Link to the actual blog post, not to your general blog address.
2.  Copy and past the Messy Monday html code and put it in your post so everyone else knows how to get back here and see what others have done.

 
 


3.  Visit the other Messy Monday links and leave them some comment love!
 I am also linking these to the following sites.  Go check them out!
Sumo Sweet Stuff Making

2 comments:

Jensamom23 said...

So clever! I love it!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Those are so pretty - what a great idea!