Friday, July 23, 2010

Foodie Friday -- Sleeping Beauty Birthday

B turned 4 on Sunday.  She told me months ago that she wanted a Sleeping Beauty cake.  So, that's what I did.  I used Buttercream Frosting on the cake and Marshmallow Fondant on top of it.  The white "dust" on her dress is powdered sugar.  We could have taken the time to brush it off, but I actually like the look of it, so we left it there.

I think it is so cute and she really loved it!

And here she is.  Cinderella's shirt, Snow White's skirt, some tiara sunglasses and a Sleeping Beauty cake.  It doesn't get any better than that.  I can't believe my little Princess is 4 years old!!!

I'm linking up to these sites.  Go check them out!!

• Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of my Favorite Things
• Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
• Foodie Friday @ Cheffie Jo
• Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where my Story Begins

5 comments:

Erin said...

Your barbie cake is absolutely amazing! Great job!

And your daughter is a hoot. That's exactly how my daughter dresses up too. A little bit of everything (or sometimes a lot of everything!)

www.makignmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

annies home said...

Your cake is very pretty and so is the little lady in the picture. My granddaughter will have her second birthday in September we will be having large gathering and I think a bit of a cake like this

Cheffie Jo said...

So cute, Sarah! Thanks for linking up to my Foodie Linky Party every Friday! It's so great to have you!

Boy, have I got a post for your Transformation Tuesday Linky Party! I can't wait to post it and link up!

Steoger Fam said...

beautiful! love the new look by the way!

Gretchen Seefried said...

wow.some great cake! You need to get on to that Cake Show! My only successful birthday cake over 21 years and 5 kids was the piano cake I made for daughter Nicki on her 9th. Now looking for a Snoopy cake for my youngest's 11th on Tuesday...wishe I had you here!