Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday -- The 'Pair' Tree

Alix over at Shadywood Chic is part of something amazing and I wanted to tell you all about it.  Her mom found out that the Susan G. Komen 3-day walk would be passing by their house and she thought it might be fun to decorate the pear tree in their front yard.  And decorate it they did!  With these beauties.

The family made over 50 pairs of breasts to hang in the tree.  It serves two purposes.  First to give all of the walkers a good chuckle and to lift their spirits, and second to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation.  You can read the personal side of it at Alix's blog or in this article in Chicago's Daily Herald.  If you want more information on how to donate, check out The 'Pair" Tree Foundation website.

The next time I feel like something is too hard or that my efforts won't really matter I'm going to think of Alix and her family.  Each of us has within ourselves the power to be something great.  I am always amazed and inspired when I come across someone who uses that power in such a profound way.  Thanks Alix for sharing this with me and for letting me share it with others.

1 comment:

Alix said...

Sarah,
Thank you so much for blogging about The 'Pair' Tree! I am linking your post to our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=111643133182&ref=ts

I think next time I am going to challenge the blogging world to help raise money and maybe more people will give a small donation, I don't think everyone realizes that even pocket change all adds up! We've been struggling this year, and really appreciate your support!

-Alix