Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whatever Wednesday -- Paper Flower Recycling

Remember these flowers?  I love them and they have been sitting on my kitchen counter.  Over the last few weeks my counters have gotten terribly cluttered and as I cleaned them off today I decided to do a little decor rearranging too.  This is what they looked like before.

I pulled out all of my vases and glass containers and tried the flowers in every different container I could think of.  My Mom, who has been visiting but has to leave tomorrow :( suggested I make Sundae's out of them.  At first I thought she was crazy, but once we tried it, I really loved it.  Just right for summer!  So I layered some glass beads into some parfait glasses and then added the flowers and a straw to each of them.  Cute right?

I wanted one of them to sit higher than the other so I took a small star candle holder and flipped it over to use as a base.  It was the perfect height, but wouldn' stay steady.  So I used cornstarch clay as cement and so far so good.  The two parfait glasses looked cute by themselves, but I thought it needed something else.  I took an old butter dish and flipped the lid over to use as a banana split bowl.  I stuck the two together using cornstarch clay and then filled it with beans so the flowers had something to push into.  Then I added a spoon and prest-o change-o a cute summertime centerpiece (or counter top display).

So, what do you think?

I'm linking up to these sites.  Go check them out.

• Anti-Procrastination Tuesday@ New Nostalgia
• Take a look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition
• Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
• We Did it Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
• Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
• Strut your stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
• Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of my Favorite Things
• Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
• Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where my Story Begins

3 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

Hi Sarah,

Something may be wrong with your button HTML- it comes out in my blog party post like spell check gone wrong. I'm going to patch something together so you're featured. Let me know if I'm right or I did something horribly, horribly wrong!

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

Something is wrong. I'm working on it. So sorry! You can try and click on the buttons tab on my sidebar. It will take you to my buttons page. That html should work. Please let me know.

Thanks so much!!!

Life in Rehab said...

I stole your button graphic and put a clickable link under it. Don't fret, you're there!