Friday, July 2, 2010

Foodie Friday -- Fire Truck Cake

Mr. Wonderful just finished his training to be a volunteer fire fighter!  Don't let the volunteer part fool you.  He had to go through the exact same training as a professional fire fighter.  The only difference is that he won't get paid for fighting fires.  He started it in September and finally finished last week.  He had his award ceremony on Thursday evening and I missed it because I had to take C to urgent care.  (poor little guy has been sick for a week now)  I wanted Mr. Wonderful to know how proud of him we are and how happy we are that he is finally finished! 

So last Friday I made him a cake.  Unfortunately because I was up half the night taking care of a sick baby, I wasn't able to make the Marshmallow Fondant ahead of time and it was a pain in the booty to work with.  It kept tearing and it was sticky.  I'm disappointed in how un-professional it looks, but it still looks pretty cute.  Mr. Wonderful loved it, so that's what really matters.

Good job babe!  We love you!!!

3 comments:

Cortnie said...

Mr. Wonderful was telling me about it last week at the BBQ. I've been waiting for pictures and I wasn't disappointed! Awesome cake!

Erin said...

LOVE how your cake turned out! How cool! You did such a great job. And it looks delicious too. I can't wait to try out the marshmallow fondant.

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Cheffie Jo said...

SO cute, Sarah! You always make the cutest cakes!