Monday, July 12, 2010

Messy Monday -- Edible Finger Paint

You can make edible finger paint out of several different things.  Most of them you probably already have around the house.  Here are several different options.

You can let your kids paint on paper, a cutting board, cookie sheet, themselves.  :)  It won't hurt them to eat it and you can throw them in the tub when they are done.  Perfect afternoon activity.

(I can't find my camera, so I borrowed this picture from ourbestbites.com)

Vanilla Pudding Paint
  • make vanilla pudding according to package directions
  • separate into small containers
  • add food coloring to each container
Sweetened Condensed Milk Paint
  • open can of sweetened condensed milk and mix throroughly
  • separate into small containers
  • add food coloring to each container
Yogurt Paint
  • use plain or vanilla yogurt
  • separate into small containers
  • add food coloring to each container
Corn Syrup Finger Paint
  • use light colored corn syrup
  • separate into small containers
  • add food coloring to each container
Corn Starch Finger Paint (you know I couldn't forget corn starch)
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups cold water
  • food coloring
  1. mix first three ingredients together
  2. separate into small containers
  3. add food coloriing to each container
What have you done for Messy Monday?  Link it up!

Here are the rules:
1.  Link up using your actual blog post, and not your general blog address.
2.  Grab the Messy Monday button and post it somewhere on your blog.





 
 
3.  Check out what everyone else is up to and leave them some comment love!!

I'm linking to these sites.  Go check them out!

• Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
• Market yourself Monday @ Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
• Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter
• Anti-Procrastination Tuesday@ New Nostalgia
• Take a look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Craft Edition
• Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
• We Did it Wednesday @ Sew Much Ado
• Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
• Strut your Stuff Thursday @ Somewhat Simple
• Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of my Favorite Things
• Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
• Home and Family Friday @ Home is Where my Story Begins

7 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Thanks for hosting yet again! Love the idea of the edible finger paint!

heather

Megan Gunyan said...

This is a GREAT idea! Love it!

*I would love for you to check out my blog for a fun giveaway! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day!

Becca Ross said...

Love the edible finger paint. I hope I don't have allergies in my class this year! I'd love to try this idea!

Thanks for linking up!

Becca
becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

Jami said...

Do you do this party every Monday? I'm sorry I missed it! Thanks for reminding me about the edible finger paints! So fun!!!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Becky said...

can't wait to try this out!

Lee said...

These are some great ideas. I love 'em.

Aimee Larsen said...

I thought this would be a great idea for parents to use to promote early literacy. I'm linking up to you from http://www.onthelap.blogspo.com. Stop by sometime and visit.